It wasn’t too long ago that you could say the Sarasota food scene was lacking. Sure there were plenty of restaurants but variety was the problem. But not anymore. Today you can choose from a wide variety of upscale, casual, funky, and fun.
But just when you thought every restaurant niche was filled, one local entrepreneur has found something new that no one is doing - in fun, casual seafood.
My guest today is Mike Martin, creator, and owner of the 1-year-old Reef Cakes Seafood Restaurant. Reef Cakes is located just behind Sarasota Memorial in the charming Southside Village area.
As you’ll hear, Mike shares ….
- Where the original idea for Reefcakes came from.
- How it’s different than any other seafood restaurant Mike has seen.
- How Covid both helped and hurt his plans to open a restaurant.
- The other hurdles he had to overcome to open Reefcakes.
- Where he hopes to take his Reefcakes concept.
… and much much more!
Thank you dear listener for stopping by today.
It is my hope that you will listen, learn and connect!