If there's one thing the pandemic and the current war in Ukraine are teaching us, it's that we need to produce more food locally. But a critical part of that effort is to not waste what we already grow. One community group of dedicated volunteers is making big strides by gathering up the overproduction from local farmers and giving it to those most susceptible to hunger.
Today I'm very pleased to welcome Joyce Norris, Executive Director of Transition Sarasota. Joyce and all her volunteers are dedicated to building resilience through community, especially in the area of food security.
In this episode, you'll learn...
- What Transitions is and how they got started.
- How Joyce's parents and childhood garden gave her a love for growing food.
- The four initiatives of Transition Sarasota that bring about greater food security for the most vulnerable in our town.
- Upcoming events you can attend.
- How you can get in involved.
.... and much, much more!
Thank you for stopping by today. And as always it is my hope that you will listen ... learn ... and connect!